Synergy – that is what the circumstance is called when the creation of a whole is greater than the simple sum of its parts. Synergy, from the Greek word synergos, actually means working together. The actual quote by the renowned Grecian philosopher Aristotle, “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts,” has been used when describing a wide variety of phenomenon – everything from physics to organizational behavior to business applications – such as Shared Services.
The building blocks of Shared Services Systems work seamlessly together to create an integrated solution – each piece, or module, fits neatly with the others – forming a high-technology jigsaw puzzle that gives firms significant organizational efficiency and effectiveness for their Shared Services Delivery. The functionality of each module is designed to optimally perform specific tasks as part of an enterprise-wide global shared services solution providing the right toolset for the right task. All these tools can be found at our HR service delivery solutions page:
- Business Process Management (BPM) – design, test, publish, analyze & optimize HR processes
- Proactive SLA Management – design & configure SLAs to unique specifications
- Collaborative Case Management – track stages & steps of HR service requests
- Knowledge Base – collecting & utilizing the data needed to deliver HR services
- Survey – ensuring HR service satisfaction through user input
- HR Portal – anywhere access to highly personalized content for optimal employee engagement
- Business Intelligence – real-time dashboard interface for monitoring & improving HR delivery
- Cloud Integration – server-based data integration across the enterprise
- Email Management – email templates & processing to improve efficiency
- Live Chat – automatic case creation, improved communication & record integration
In much the same way that colleagues working together make great strides in productively accomplishing their goals; the modules of Shared Services Systems help make organizations more efficient and effective as well. Streamlining the delivery of services including HR, financial and customer service, and automating the day-to-day tasks that need to be performed, helps ensure better productivity throughout the company. Plus, the investment in enhanced shared services pays dividends in higher rates of employee engagement, morale and therefore retention – so again – the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.